Lineup Ninja can publish your schedule into an Swapcard application. You can perform an initial import of your schedule then publish it again whenever you have new changes ready to go.
The Lineup Ninja / Swapcard integration has some sophisticated features to enable you to easily map your Lineup Ninja session and speaker content to Swapcard people.
It is strongly recommended you engage Lineup Ninja support to configure this integration, we can then ensure it is configured correctly to ensure you get the most out of it.
Importing Swapcard People
Lineup Ninja can match the data you have in your agenda with the registration data in Swapcard. This means that speaker bio’s and headshots can be updated and their accounts will be linked to their sessions automatically.
For this to work Lineup Ninja needs to import the registration data from Swapcard and then match it to the agenda data in Lineup Ninja. Please see the Sources documentation for configuration.
Create the integration
In your Lineup Ninja event, click the ‘Publish’ menu item and then click the ‘Integrate’ button under ‘Swapcard’. This will create a new integration.
You will now be presented with a screen of configuration. The initial fields are as follows
- Name - This name will be used to show the data source in the left hand menu
- Event Id - The ID of you event in Swapcard. You can find this at the bottom of the ‘Event Settings’ page in Swapcard.
- API Key - Generate an API Key by clicking your name in the top right of the Swapcard interface and choosing ‘API Keys’.
- Name of ID of Location Field - If you have renamed the Location field in Swapcard you need to input the new name here.
- Name of ID of Topics Field - If you have renamed the Topics field in Swapcard you need to input the new name here.
- Which Data Source represents Swapcard Speakers - Choose the data source you created in ‘Importing Swapcard People’ above.
- When showing a session, sort the speakers by - Choose how you would like speakers to be sorted when a session is displayed.
- When should speaker biographies be set using the Lineup Ninja data - Because the Swapcard data comes from your registration provider there may already by biographical data for your speakers. You can choose if you would like to overwrite it using the Lineup Ninja data.
- When should speaker images be set using the Lineup Ninja data - Similarly to speaker bio’s, you can choose if the Lineup Ninja data should overwrite the existing data in Swapcard or not.
Tidying Up Data
There are two options you can configure to automatically tidy up data in Swapcard when a session becomes unscheduled or deleted. If you need assistance with configuring these please ask.
You can choose which speakers and sessions you want to publish to Swapcard. For example you may have sessions that you do not want to be published ahead of the event. There are various options for ‘Filter Speakers’ and ‘Filter Sessions’. If you need assistance with configuring these please ask.
Things to know
When Lineup Ninja adds Swapcard People to a session Swapcard will automatically add the ‘Speakers’ group to their record. When a speaker is removed from a session the ‘Speakers’ group will NOT be removed automatically. If you need this to happen please reach out to support.
Note that Locations and Tracks will be created with a base language value removing non alphanumeric characters, then the actual value is applied as a language translation.
When changing tracks on a session the new tracks are added and the existing tracks are not removed. If you need the existing tracks to be removed the please reach out to support.