Lineup Ninja can publish your agenda into Sector Global. You can perform an initial import of your agenda then publish it again whenever you have new changes ready to go.
Create the integration
Follow these steps to get the integration initially configured.
Step 1: Ask Sector Global for a ‘Webhook URL’ for your event.
Step 2: In your Lineup Ninja event, click the ‘Publish’ menu item and then click the ‘Integrate’ button under ‘Sector Global’. This will create a new integration.
Step 3: A screen will pop up where you can input the ‘Webhook URL’ you have been given by Sector Global. You can also configure the integration to only include a subset of your agenda content if you wish. Save the configuration when complete.
Step 4: Click ‘Publish’ to publish your agenda. This will make the agenda available for Sector Global to import.
Step 5: You will see a message like this. Hover over it and click, this will copy the details to your clipboard. Now give those details to Sector Global so they can configure their side of the integration.
Publishing your schedule
To update the speakers and sessions in Sector Global the schedule needs to be published. This will update the data in Sector Global providing the ‘webhook’ has been configured.
To publish your schedule just click the ‘Publish’ button!
How can I filter the published content?
You can filter which Speakers and Sessions will be published based on a number of criteria. Some common use cases for filters are:
- Preventing ‘Placeholder’ sessions from being published
- Holding back a Speaker who is not yet ready to be announced
- Excluding sessions scheduled during the ‘build up’ day for the event
- Only publishing speakers who have confirmed their slot
- Removing a particular location, or track from the published schedule
- Anything you can think of using labels!
For Speakers you can filter in 3 ways
- Choose which speakers are to be published based on their relationship to sessions
- (If Speaker Confirmation is enabled): Publish speakers that have a confirmed session that is published and not filtered out.
- Publish speakers that are speaking on any session that is published and not filtered out.
- Publish all speakers
- Publish no speakers
- Apply more granular filters with labels
- Only publish speakers with a particular label. For example you might want to use a ‘Content Reviewed’ label to flag speakers that have had their content reviewed.
- Exclude speakers with a particular label. For example you might want to exclude a ‘Do not publish’ label to prevent publishing of speakers who are not yet ready to be published.
For Sessions you can filter in numerous ways
- Choose which sessions are to be published based on their relationship to speakers
- Publish All Scheduled Sessions. Publishes sessions regardless of whether they have confirmed speakers or not.
- (If Speaker Confirmation is enabled): Publish sessions that have one confirmed speaker.
- (If Speaker Confirmation is enabled): Publish sessions that have all their speakers confirmed.
- Publish All Sessions (available on Lineup Ninja Agenda App only)
- Apply filters with labels
- Only publish sessions with a particular label. For example you might want to use a ‘Content Reviewed’ label to flag sessions that have had their content reviewed.
- Exclude session with a particular label. For example you might want to exclude a ‘Placeholder’ label to prevent publishing of sessions which are not yet populated.
- Filter by location
- Only publish sessions in a particular location, or locations. This can be useful if you are publishing an agenda for just one or two locations.
- Exclude sessions in a particular location, or locations. This can be useful if you have scheduled sessions in your Green Room or similar back stage location.
- Filter by resource
- Only publish sessions needing a particular resource. This could be useful if you are producing an agenda for a particular team that manages some resources.
- Exclude sessions needing a particular resource.
- Filter by Date
- Only publish sessions in a date or dates. Useful if you are producing an agenda for a particular day.
- You can exclude a date or dates from your publication. Useful if you have dates for build up and tear down in your agenda.
- Filter by Track
- Only publish sessions in a particular track or tracks. Useful if you are producing separate agenda for separate parts of your event
- Exclude sessions on a particular track. Can be useful to block presenting of a track until a product launch has happened.
To configure filters:
- Click ‘Publish Agenda’
- Click on the name for your existing publication
- Click ‘Configure’
- Expand the ‘Filter Speakers’ and ‘Filter Sessions’ sections and configure the filters you need
- Save and republish